· Slap count: 0
· Last checked ID: 258
2023 SJHT Bass Classic participants

2023 SJHT Bass Classic Anglers final Day at Salem Canal 10-01-23
View Thread
 Print Thread
SJBCA Meeting Notes Wed. 01-18-2012
BigNasty06
Good morning fellow SJHT members and guest.

Last night, I attended the monthly SJBCA 3rd Wednesday of the month meeting down at the 4th Ward Clubhouse (2.0 miles pass Parvin State Park)

Turnout was good with 16 Bass Clubs reps attending.

SJBCA Officers and Bass Clubs in attendance:
Fred Lentz- President (South Jersey Hawg Hunters)
Joe Hoban- 1st Vice President (South Jersey Bass Stalkers)
Rob Kunze- 2nd Vice President (Cumberland County Bassmasters)
Gary Corliss- Treasurer (4th Ward Bass Anglers)
Al Franchetta- Secretary (Cumberland County BassMasters)
Steve Steinmetz- Tournament Director (Pine Cone Anglers) No Show
Carmen Bersani- Director 1 (Happy Hooker Bassers)
Mike Graham- Director 2 (4th Ward Bass Anglers)

There were 16 Clubs in attendance.

*Approval of December 21, 2011 General Meeting minutes as documented in handout.

Guest in attendance and Special presentations:

* Mr. Todd Pride, Program Director, Mid-Atlantic Youth Anglers & Outdoors Program.
* Mr. Pride does Community Relations Services working with Charter Schools, PAL (Police Athletic League), and groups interested in starting a Youth Fishing Club in requested High Schools and Colleges.
* He gave a very well prepared presentation and History of his organization and there footprint along the Mid-Atlantic States from the Carolinas up to Maine. He's interested in parterning with the SJBCA and possibly member clubs to promote inner city youth acitivities\fishing via the use of Boats\classroom lessons and general outdoor activities.
* Mr. Pride was very well recieved and hopes to attend future meetings.
* I'll post his Organizations Flyer once I scan it in.

*Contact Information:
Todd Pride- Managing Partner
Email:
Phone: 215-954-6998
Headquarters- Philadelphia, PA

Officers Report:
* Secretary:
1. Club Rosters for 2012 Season can be turned in.
2. Final Youth activity award nominations.
3. Final Angler excellence award submissions.

* Tresurer Report: Gary Report on Funds and account Balance.
$2,281.00 which includes $160.00 in Deposits. Minus $300 paid towards Flea Market Hall rental. Minus $52.00 Website domain and hosting fee.

* Tournament Director: BigFred filling in for Steve Steinmitz again
* Continuing collecting Lure Donations for Tackle Box at the Next Flea Market (3- Freshwater & 3- Saltwater)
* Conflict List Updates
* WMA Permits accepted as per Chris Smith- He should be assigning Permit Numbers in the near future.
* Still unsure if Alloway Township is going to charge a boat Ramp fee.
* Maryland may start charging a Permit Fee for launching out of Anchor Marine in NorthEast MD. This is currently being researched more thoroughly. [/b]

* 1st Director: Carmen
- Nothing new to report on.

* 2nd Director: Mike G.

* 2nd Vice President: Rob K.

* 1st Vice President: Joe Hoban

*President: Big Fred Lentz
- Discuss Salem Canal New Boat Ramp and the possible issue of launching boats and the radius\turning angle required if the parking lot is full of other vehicles.
- SJBCA Staff Shirts\Hats- Annoucement of names\volunteers who Qualify for a Jacket and Hat through helping at some of the SJBCA sponsored events. I was one. yayyy
- March 31, 2012 Pequest Hatchery Open-House up in Northern New Jersey. SJBCA was invited to have a booth setup but due to the distance and travel time will more than likely not attend.

** A Special Note of THANK YOU**** was stated to our very own member Bill "FishinTroop" Carrione for the Out of This World Freshwater and Saltwater Generous Lure Donations for this years 2012 SJBCA Flea Market!!! Damn...way to go Troop!! clap I had no idea as BigFred stated this was one of the most Substantial Donations in SJBCA History!! Way to step up and offer those items!!

- The new Director taking over for Lee Widjeskog, NJ Division of Fish and WildLife Land Management, a Mr. Dave Golden would like SJBCA member clubs to adopt a WMA Lake. Members clubs and volunteers would be responsible for dedicating at least 3 scheduled Clean up days around the lake throughout the course of the year. Looking at the list of WMA list of lakes, size of water\land area, accessibility, safe parking, and amount of usage, I would like to request SJHT nominate "Oak Pond WMA" located in Blue anchor, NJ (where Chris Smith Works out of) to be owr own Adopt a Lake location. More information will follow.

Committee Reports:
Audit Committee- Form Committee

Scholarship Committee:
Carmen Bersani , MaryAnne Franchetta, and Greg Lentz.

- Nothing new to report.

- Discussions for 2012 Scholarship process
- Scholarship forms found up on SJBCA Website
www.sjbca.org

Flea Market Committee: Carmen Bersnai, Joe Hoban, Al Franchetta, & MaryAnne Franchetta
* Final payment with Millville Elks Club on the Sat. March 3, 2012 date.
* Update on Vendors participating and planning

CLUB Business:
* Nothing new to Add! *

Youth Fishing Activities:
* Sportsmen's Jamboree- No meeting until March

Association Business:

Old Business:
* Continue planning for the Fishermen's Flea Market on March 3, 2012.
* Discuss and vote if the SJBCA should adopt Union Lake
(This was tabled for next meeting to discuss actuall number of volunteers required for such a large body of water\land area.)

New Business:
* Election of officers (President, 2nd Vice-President, Directors 1 and 2, Tresurer and Tournament Director.
* Annual Award submissions and vote on Youth Activity Award winner.
*Nominations for the location of the 2012 Bass Bowl (Susquehanna Flats\Upper Chesapeake, Delaware River, and Nanticoke River cannot be nominated!
But these were the ones selected for this year 2012.
1. Union Lake
2. Beltsville Lake, PA
3. Lake Hopatcong
4. Conowingo
5. Lums Pond (which I feel is way too small to support almost 40 boats)
-------------------------------------------
6. Lenape Lake (was nominated but due to HP restrictios and the number of Big motors allowed to run any given time, we removed it from thel list) hi

Good of the Association:
* NJ Saltwater Registry website and requirement for all Saltwater anglers to get with the program. It's Free and will be enforced for those fishing on Charter boats\off the coast, or the like.

http://www.nj.gov...index.html

50/50 Raffle (to pay for the snacks)
------------------------------------------------------

Next Meeting:SJBCA
* 8pm, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at the
4th Ward Clubhouse located down past
Parvin State Park

Future Meeting: Wed,February 15, 2012

Some of the items on the agenda will be:
* Present awards for Youth Activity, Angler Excellence, and Bass Bowl winnters
* Vote on Location of 2012 Bass Bowl (Secret Ballot)
* Finalize plans for the Fishermen's Flea Market
------------------------------------------------

So in summary and important dates to remember:

- As of Jan. 18, 2012,All of our requested lake selections and WMA lakes were good to go.[/b].
* There has been some interest in SJHT possibly being affiliated with the FedNation. We have at least 3 Boaters and 3 riders interested. Dues and Money for the NJ Bass Fed Nation is due to me by Monday, Jan. 30, 2012. (See other Thread for more information)

Just an FYI... For the SJBCA Fishing Excellence awards, the below weights\teams were winners:
Biggers 2011 Lunker: 7.6lbs
3 Bass Stringer: Mark McQuire
5 Bass: Rich Mandis
9.79lbs - 2 Man Team
10 Bass Stringer: 33 +lbs by Rippin Lipps down at the NorthEast River, MD (The Cowan Brothers)

* Keep checking the website as new information and site maintanance is always being done behind the scenes.

* Any SJHT member is welcome to attend, meet up, or travel down with me to the monthly SJBCA meetings. The inner and outer workings is open to anyone interested in learning more about these meetings.

* We have less than 63 Days remaining till opening day. Please make sure you have all of your proper 2012 fishing license, Lake Lenape Permits, Boater Safety card\information available, PRFC commission License, Delaware License, boat registration, trailer registration, and any other pertinent information on you

* Meeting was adjourned around 9:55pmish

That's about it!!

Tightlines,

BN06

Edited by BigNasty06 on 01/19/2012
BN06, President

Crappie Jon
BigNasty06 wrote: I would like to request SJHT nominate "Oak Pond WMA" located in Blue anchor, NJ (where Chris Smith Works out of) to be owr own Adopt a Lake location. More information will follow.

I personally would love for us to get the mighty oak. I spend many hours back there in the summer between fishing and trail riding in my jeep. The bucket brigade hits that place pretty hard year in and year out which is hard to watch (been in more than one argument with them...) so it'd be nice to do some good for the placethumbup

fishintroop
I'm down with that
fu

BigNasty06
Man almost forgot.....

* At the last SJBCA meeting, SJHT $20 membership fee was paid thus covering us for the SJBCA 2012 season.
* For the record and I would like others to comment on there preference, but for the 2012 SJBCA Bass Bowl Lake nominations, I selected Lake Hopatcong. As a member club, I would to hear your opinions\lake selection out of the possible choices nominated from above and the last SJBCA meeting.
* A final vote will be conducted at the next meeting on Wed. Feb. 15, 2012.

I nominated Lake Hopatcong because of the following reasons:
1. We've never fish there as a club and I think it would be coud to send a team of 6 anglers up to North Jersey and fish new bodies of water.
2. I've nominated this place the last 4yrs and every time other SJBCA affiliated clubs have voted to fish the Delaware, Potomac, Flats, and the Nantichoke. I feel it's time to travel up North and see what we can catch.
3. Fishing unfamiliar bodies of water allow for growth on and off the water.
4. Because who really wants to Fish Union Lake for the 2012 Bass Bowl? We can do that anytime.
5. It keeps us somewhat in state and no other fishing license is requireed.
6. I really feel that SJBCA anglers would be up to the challenge in branching out a bit from the norm.

Feel free to share your thoughts\opinions\preferences.

Note: The Flats\Potomac\Delaware cannot be nominated within I believe a 3 or 5yr period of time.

BN06
BN06, President

ram1212
Personaly, I think it is a little silly that all of the best clubs in SNJ get together for one event a year to determine the best of NJ......in another statehmmm

Good pick BN in my opinion.

lipripper
I agree with Ram Good pick BN.

jiggin den
Lake Hopatcong is a real nice lake! Lots of areas with deep water close to shoreline. Me and T-Boe fished there quite a few times back in a day. It's been so long I honestly can't say I even remember the shape. It's definitely not round!!!! Lots of different visible structure to fish. I do believe it's about a 2hr 45min ride up there, but we were coming from Phila. area.

Jiggin Den

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest News At SJHT
THIS WEEKS WINNER
Rob *Black Cloud* Masterson with 3 Bass weighing a Total 11.94 lbs
at NORTHEAST RIVER MD
2023 CLASSIC WINNER
Jackson *The Bass Love Me* Fu
17.73Lbs. 6 fish Assunpink Lake & Salem Canal

2024 HOOK THIS TOP 6
1. Pete Ingemi
2. Dennis Tolentino
3. Jackson Fu
4. Rob Masterson
5. David Snedeker
6. Mike Del Monico

2024 LUNKER
Mike *The Bass SLAYER* Del Monico

At DAVIS MILL POND
6.16lbs
2024 HOOK THIS ROOKIE TOP 5
1. Jeff Zeitz

Events
<< May 2024 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Users Online
· Guests Online: 11

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 62
· Newest Member: BluntedBassSteve
Last Seen Users
BigNasty0619:11:25
Scotto53 1 day
Scooter 2 days
topgunmatt1 1 week
Riversofash5 3 weeks
billylee 4 weeks
moe 6 weeks
rvansciver12 weeks
fishintroop34 weeks
BluntedBassMike36 weeks
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/21/2024 21:52
Update: 2024 Opener at DoD Lake moved to Sunday, March 24, 2024 7am-2pm. clap

11/12/2023 13:13
Update: 2024 Zoom Meeting Sun. 11-12-23 to discuss Lake Selection & other bodies of waters. fishing
NJ State Police MSI